The Southern Rail Commission's recent efforts were detailed in a feature story on AL.com — Alabama's leading digital news outlets.
The article references:
- Recent passenger rail Congressional activity
- Ongoing efforts to fund studies looking at the restoration and creation of various routes
- Growing anti-Amtrak rhetoric in Washington
- Building local support with and for elected officials and community leaders
- Growing trends pointing to a resurgence in demand for passenger rail
- Renewed focus on development of and around rail stations